Volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring our corporate events and technical training conferences run in a smooth and efficient manner. As FMC volunteers fulfill an essential role in the delivery of our events, we make sure to give back to them by providing them with valuable, career-advancing benefits.
What You'll Be Doing:
For Virtual Event Production
- Managing Zoom training sessions as a “Professional Host”, from kick-off to wrap-up
- Assisting speakers with any and all technical aspects of their presentation
- Providing customer service to attendees when needed (via chat feature, etc)
For In-Person Event Production
- Assist as room monitor and communicate with timely updates on-site (confirm AV check, instructor arrival, etc)
- Provide customer service support to attendees at the registration and support desks
- Assist with set-up and strike of event space
Perks of Volunteering:
- Gain professional experience in behind-the-scenes event production (pre-production & live, on-site, showtime!)
- Ability to participate in the live training sessions
- Gain free access to the conference you are volunteering for
- Gain free streaming access to the recordings of all training sessions at the event you are volunteering for. Recordings are available post-conference so you can watch post-show at your own pace.
- Interact with industry leaders, speakers, talented professionals and attendees in unique and intimate networking opportunities sessions & round-tables
- Get recommendation letters & referrals from FMC management for your portfolio to showcase for future professional endeavors
All volunteers must be available for the duration of the event as well as the week prior to the event for 5 hours of training.
To apply as a volunteer for any of our Future Media Conferences events, please send your CV and cover letter to our event production assistant, Akiva Clair.